Monday, July 4, 2016

A little dose of reality

The long weekend was wonderful. Not only did I get to spend it in community with other Christians, but it opened my eyes to the desires of my heart. 

Coming home sucked. I wanted to stay there forever. Waking up to the sound of the water hitting the shore line, to boats breezing by and the smell of last nights campfire still in the air. It was incredible. Coming home made me realize something though. No matter where you are, Jesus is there also. Away, home, there, here, Jesus is with you. 

My butt got put into gear this morning. Reality came knocking on my door through the sound of my alarm clock kicking this tired girly out of bed. I got my courses sorted out for school, and I also made a commitment to the Lord, again. But this time, it was very specific. 

So here it goes. 

Last night I went to this wonderful thing called Ethos. It's a young adults service all about inspiring young adults to love Jesus and to make Him known. 

"Ethos should strive to be a hopeful, humble, hill." 

The biggest thing I got out of this sermon wasn't to do with work or positions or being in a place of authority. What I got out of it related to what my heart was going through. That sermon was for me. 

Daniel knew which hill to die on. He knew when to stand and that's because he knew where God was leading him. 

This brought upon the thought of dating. It is only by God that I am placed in that position. Wherever the Lord places me, that's the position I'm supposed to be in. He calls us to be in different positions at different times. One revelation I had last night was that I'm in no place to be in a position of dating, I'm just not. My heart is still healing, my trust is still suffering, and the Lord has a time for me. 

Isaiah 40:25-31 reads 
“To whom then will you compare me, that I should be like him? says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name, by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power not one is missing. Why do you say, O Jacob, and speak, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the Lord, and my right is disregarded by my God"? Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”

They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength

For an entire year, I will wait on the Lord. He will build me up with wings like eagles and I will not grow weary, I will not faint. The Lord has me, he has carried me all this time. 

July 1st 2017 I will revisit this idea of dating, but until then... I will wait on the Lord and I will trust in Him. He's mighty, He is strong and He is so incredibly loving. This year will be life changing. Not only will I use this to pull myself closer to Christ, but it will help me to be still. 

I'll appreciate friendships and I'll build on them. Nothing will be in the way, nothing will separate me from the love of the Lord.

Not only will this show me things about myself, but it'll give me time to work on them. No prospects, just Jesus. 

I'll be intentional with my relationships and I'll appreciate them so much more. It'll be an all around Jesus party 🎉

I want to be hopeful and I want to be humble. A strong relationship with the Lord is a life changer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment